Stage 4 Return to Learn - Preliminary Information
Posted October 30, 2020
Washington County Public Schools (WCPS) is preparing for the transition to Stage 4 as described in the Return to Learn Plan.
Stage 4 will begin no sooner than Monday, November 30, 2020. As with each previous stage, the decision to move forward will be based on community health metrics. The structure of Stage 4 is as follows:
- Elementary, middle, and high school students who are already attending school in-person every day may continue to attend in person every day.
- Pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and now 1st grade students may attend school in person every day.
- Students in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5 may attend school in person on an A-day/B-day schedule.
- All middle and high school students in grades 6 through 12 may attend in person on an A-day/B-day schedule.
- When A-day/B-day students are not attending school in person, they will attend school through distance learning.
- Schools will identify which students may attend in-person on A-days and which students may attend in person on B-days.
A-Day students attend school every Monday, Wednesday, and every other Friday
B-Day students attend school every Tuesday, Thursday, and every other Friday
Preliminary School Day Schedule
It is important to note that school day start times will adjust to a traditional school day in Stage 4. We understand this factor, and the A-day/B-day schedule, are important details for parents who need to make childcare arrangements.
School day schedules are preliminary at this time and are subject to change based on the number of students who choose to return to classrooms in Stage 4.
A parent survey was sent out via email and text message on Thursday, October 29. If you did not receive the survey, please contact your school's principal and it will be sent to you.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaIf you have children in multiple schools, you will receive multiple surveys. Please note the school name on each survey, and complete it for each child.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaIf you have multiple children in the same school, please complete a different survey for each child.
Please submit your survey responses no later than Thursday, November 5.
Additional Details to Come
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaWCPS understands our school families will have additional questions as we explore the transition to Stage 4. We will be communicating with you often as we finalize more details.
At this time, it is our priority to determine the students who are interested in returning to classrooms so that WCPS can plan accordingly.
Parents and guardians should note that as adjustments are made with students learning in person and online, your child's teacher(s) may change.
WCPS continues to be grateful to our school families, students, and staff for your cooperation, patience, and understanding as we move forward through the COVID-19 pandemic.