The Office of K-12 Mathematics supports the curriculum, assessment, staff and resources for the mathematics programs in grades K - 12.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaThe Washington County Public Schools mathematics curriculum uses the Maryland Common Core State Curriculum. The curriculum includes grade-specific standards that balance mathematical understanding and procedural skill. The standards are arranged such that students will learn concepts in an organized fashion which allows students to make mathematical connections across grade levels while encouraging real-world problem-solving. The Standards for Mathematical Practice span all grade levels and describe ways in which students interact and engage with mathematics. Teachers connect the mathematical practices to the mathematical content in daily instruction.
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày quaThe Standards for Mathematical Practice are:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- Transfer Goal 1: Make meaning of and take risks to persevere through complex mathematical problems utilizing strategic thinking and reasoning.
- Transfer Goal 2: Effectively communicate mathematical reasoning by developing viable arguments and constructively critiquing the reasoning of others.
- Transfer Goal 3: Fluently apply appropriate skills, processes and tools in new and authentic situations.
- Transfer Goal 4: Make use of structure and/or repeated reasoning to quantify, compare, represent and model mathematics while attending to precision.